Log post: Moena's Adventure in Reality

Log Post: Moena's Adventure in Reality
Hello Wanderer! Would You Like To Join Me In My Adventures & Discoveries in The World of Reality?
15/3/11 : Moena has changed her Blog Layout. Nice? ^-^

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hiroshima Style Okonomiyaki


Yo hai~ minna! How was your day today? ^-^

Me, I was feeling so relief after all my assignments and exams that I decided to cook something special to celebrate! Finally I have some free time to cook properly!

~ Hiroshima Style Okonomiyaki ~

Recipe: 

- For the base mixture
  • Flour 
  • Water
  • Shredded Potato (bad idea, it sticks! I recommend not putting or use sweet potato instead)
  • Chicken stock
  • Salt
  • Walkers Chips :X (but honestly Doritos taste better, I mean follow the proper instruction please, use Tenkatsu. Don't cheat like me XD )
- Fillings
  • Chopped Cabbage / Lettuce
  • Slices of meat (beef / pork / chicken / swrimp / fish)
  • 1 Egg
  • Noodles (I used pasta noodles)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions:
- Pour some base mixture in the pan and immediately put lettuce on top, followed by slices of meat. Then cover it with some base mixture and flip it. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 mins at low flame. 





-At the other pan, fry an egg and break the yolk when it's 20% cooked. Then put some fried noodles on top when the egg is half cooked.
(Fried noodles were fried earlier with onion + okonomiyaki sauce + tomato sauce + soy sauce + teppanyaki sauce + whatever seasoning you want)


- Now back to the other pan. Take that earlier section and put it on top of the noodle egg portion. And then flip everything over!

It should look like this! Oh wait, it's a fail! Noodles are sticking out! D: need to push them back to hide then under the egg.

- Spread okonomiyaki sauce on top of the egg and squeeze some mayonaise (or thousand island sauce) on it. Then decorate with seaweed and a dash of paprika powder. 

TaDa~!

Looking good!

It's quite challenging to move it onto my plate... huhu...

It's finishing fast!

Yum Yum!

Even the neighbourhood cat wants a bite! 

Too bad I can't open my window any bigger than 3cm... I can't invite salem in. Poor Salem, he can only enjoy the free smell D: 

Oh well, more okonomiyaki for myself! :P 

Hope you've enjoyed my lousy simple recipe here~ ^-^

Chef Moena signing off~!

No comments:

Post a Comment